The Kuwait Maritime Summit is a multi-stakeholder platform to discuss strategies concerning the ongoing infrastructure development of new ports, ports-expansion and foster maritime trade in alignment with Kuwait’s 2035 vision.
Ports will play a crucial role in reforming Kuwait’s economy, aiding in achieving development goals to establish itself as a strategic trade hub on the regional and international stages. “The Maritime Transport Development Program” aims to increase the capacity of seaports and develop the services they provide, thereby increasing trade exchange activities and boosting regional trade volume, increasing the volume of investments and contributing to the reconstruction and development of uninhabited islands.
Smart ports are a fundamental part of the development program which will incorporate technologies at Kuwait’s three main non-oil commercial ports: Shuwaikh, Shuaiba and Doha; and the proposed Mubarak Al-Kabeer Port in the north. It will also complement developments at the northern Silk City free trade zone and five islands’ mega project. Based on initial estimates, a total of seven projects will cost around KD 700 million ($2.3 billion).
Key Highlights of Kuwait Maritime Summit 2020:
- Discover the future of Kuwait’s Silk City and Mubarak Al-Kabeer Port
- Evaluate Opportunities and Challenges in your journey to Smart Ports
- Ascertain Evolution of Maritime Safety and Security
- Understand Socio-Economic Benefits of Ports Expansion
- Uncover Latest Technologies in Maritime Vessels, Ship Building, Communications and more
- Recognize the Future Demands of Sustainability in Shipping
- Learn New Ways to Improve Port Operations and Service Efficiency
- Network in a Multi-Stakeholder Environment and Expand your Industry Knowledge
There are diverse Sponsorship Packages, including speaking and panelist opportunities, exhibition spaces and on-site branding opportunities to create a strong impact and presence at the Summit.
They also offer customized sponsorship packages best suited to your organization’s requirements and budget.